Building Better Management (NOCs)
This self-paced, four-module course aims to help National Olympic Committees (NOCs) build better management practices within sporting organisations in the Pacific Region. Through interactive content, reflection activities, and a facilitated online learning community, participants will learn about organisational management, leadership, safeguarding, managing finances, and more.
- Module 1: Leading and Managing Organisations
- Module 2: Leading and Managing People
- Module 3: Safeguarding Members
- Module 4: Understanding and Managing Finances
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify your organisation’s core purpose by understanding its culture and core values.
- Develop the organisations' core documents and policies.
- Identify the different roles in the Executive Board.
- Monitor the performance of your organisation.
- Choose tools and practices that will help you become a more effective people manager.
- Develop and execute a safeguarding policy for athletes and children.
- Describe what basic financial management and financial planning are, and how they fit within an organisation.
- Describe how both financial planning and management link to an organisation’s strategic plan.
- List some basic financial fundamentals required for an organisation to exist and comply with regulatory standards and best practices.
- This course is delivered entirely online.
- This course is self-paced, meaning you are free to explore the different modules and submodules at your own speed and out of chronological order.
- We recommend budgeting a minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week and scheduling a time for the course around your existing obligations.
- You will be assigned to a Master Educator (ME) who will be responsible for grading your assessments. You may reach out to your ME if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the platform or course material.